Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Class Update: 4/5/11

Today in SPED 200 we finished watching the documentary "Waiting for Superman". After the documentary, we went around the room one by one and talked about what part of this documentary affected us the most.  I would have to say that for me, it was hard to watch these children who really want to go to a better school, and it is all determined by the spin of a lottery wheel. How sad, that in this day and age, that children are turned away from better choices to further themselves, their education, and their future as a whole. I think I also learned from this documentary that parents need to be proactive in their childs education and future. If the parents are not stiving for a better education for their child, who will? I like the saying, "Education is a way out", and for many minority children in urban areas, this is reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment