Saturday, January 29, 2011

Class Update: 1/18/11

On January 18, 2011 in SPED 200 class, we had a guest speaker named Carol Thoma.  Carol is the field experience coordinator for the St. Cloud State Education Department. She was an enthusiastic, energetic speaker, who gave us quite a bit of information about what we had to get ready for our field experience. SPED 200 requires twenty hours of field experience. We had to fill out an online application by January 21, have our paperwork filled out with a check for twenty dollars for the criminal background check. The background check is mandatory for everyone who is going to work for the St. Cloud district. 

I have decided to do my field experience in the St.Cloud district.  I have experience working in the Elk River School District with special needs children, but I thought this would be a good opportunity for me to explore another school district.  I will be working with regular elementary students. My role will be very different from my experiences in the Elk River district because I will be a student teacher. How exciting is that?!  This is going to be a very different learning experience for me.  I am really looking forward it!

No comments:

Post a Comment