Tuesday, January 25, 2011

National News Article from the International Education: Why a College Student is Selling Oprah's Diamond Watch on eBay

http://education.change.org/blog/category/international_education

With all of the negative things we hear in our daily lives, I thought it would be refreshing to talk about something heartwarming and light.  This article was a breath of fresh air for me. When I first read the title of the article, I thought that this college student needed the money from the watch to pay for tuition.  I was very surprised to read that this young college student was going to donate all the proceeds from the watch, to help displaced Haitian college students continue their education in the United States. How self less is that?
I applaud that young man for his generosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment