Thursday, January 13, 2011

My Reflection on why I want to become a Special Education Teacher.

When I was right out of high school, I always wanted to go to college.  My parents opened up a graphic arts business, about the time I was going to graduate from high school, and they needed help with their business.  I did not have any money, and my parents were not college advocates, so I decided to help them in their business.  I was in the graphic arts field for 17 years until the industry was taken over by computers.  Newly divorced, I needed a job, so I started subbing at the Elk River School District as a para.  I found that I love working with special needs children, and I wanted to learn more about them. My new fiancé, knowing how much I had always wanted to attend college, suggested I give it a try.  I decided to pursue a career in teaching to become a Special Education teacher. I knew from my experiences working as a para, how rewarding and fulfilling I find working with special needs children. These special children have inspired me to go to college, and move my life in a completely new direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment